Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Corner Chinese Restaurant


View Larger Map

The restaurant is to the right, so you have to hit the arrow twice.  Full disclosure:  the food is abominable.  It is rather common for people from Asia to order something (that's in the menu in Chinese) and then receive what looks and tastes to them like boiled salad (with no choice in dressing).  I read Jennifer 8 Lee's wonderful book, The Fortune Cookie Chronicles a few years ago, and let me tell you, the Chinese restaurant story in America (really the entire world today) is a pretty interesting one.  None of this, however, has disuaded me from eating their crappy food.  My friend David refuses to eat there.  David use to live in San Francisco.  I've never had that unfortunate edification.  I love the white sauce at Dragon Express.  I love that it's close by.  And since what I get there is only vegetables and vegetable oil with garlic and corn starch, I don't feel like it must feel after eating the dinner size portion of General Tso's Chicken.  Not that there is anything wrong with GTC.  Probably...

No comments: