Monday, May 4, 2015

Holdin'



Holdin'
Sittin' in your very own chair
Theres probably a very nice moon up there
But right now, Lord, I really
Need that roof

I've takin my share of
The good and the bad
Still got the scars
From some awful blows
I'm still sittin, but
Sometimes it's time to go

Sitiin' near somebody
That needs my ear
They been watching my
Disaster, now, for years
But they're closer than the blood
In the veins of the folks 
Who left me

Reachin' for the simple things
That any man might need
Driftin' from the fact that 
My heart's controlled by greed
I guess a losers got to do
The very thing he wishes
He doesn't need

Cookin' for this crowd of folks
Who'd rather be alone
Asking after every broken
Soul I've ever known
Praying while some smiling
Fool spins some cherries 
Into Gold... Baby that's a fortune, sure
One I've never known

Holdin' in the middle of the night
The hand of  you, honey,
Cus' you crossed my mind
Why'd you whisper in my ear
The sort of thing some folks never hear
Why'd you whisper in my ear
The sort of thing some folks never hear
You'd be surprised the non-sense I'll endure
Just to have my baby near
You'd be surprised how much I don't 
Deserve you dear

Holdin'
Holdin'
Holdin'
Holdin'


No comments: